Boarding is one of the many services we offer here at Catoosa Small Animal Hospital. while it is one of our most frequently used services, it's also the one we have the most questions about.
We pride ourselves in providing wonderful boarding facilities for our client’s dogs and cats. Here are some of the basics of boardering your pet and why we have developed those policies over
- All animals must be current on all vaccinations, and they must have been given by a veterinarian. The only way we can insure that your animal is not exposed to diseases it to
make sure that all animals in the boarding facility were vaccinated at the correct time, with the correct technique and with the right vaccine. The only way we can insure this is to do it ourselves
or see the records from another veterinarian.
- All animals must be free of external parasites (fleas and ticks) or we will have to treat them at owner’s expense. Our reason for this is that fleas and ticks are mobile. If they come in on your
pet, they will soon jump ship and end up on someone else’s pet. We feel that it is our responsibility to keep all pets in our facility from becoming infested with bugs.
- We feed E/N or sensitive stomach diet. Please bring prescription diet with you, or we can open a small bag at your expense.
- Even though the animals are walked several times a day and the cages and runs are meticulously cleaned, an animal will occasionally soil his house. Other pets tend to play in their food and
water. All of this adds up to a potentially dirty and smelly pet. We encourage you to let us bathe your pet before you pick them up. The cost is a very reasonable.
- We charge by the night for boarding. For instance, if your pet spends 5 nights with us, you will be charged for 5 days of boarding.
- Pickup times are regular office hours, plus Sunday evening between 5:00 and 5:30. We provide this service, even though we are closed on Sunday, to help our clients who return from a trip over the
weekend and do not want to wait until Monday to pick up their pets. This may change on holiday weekends so be sure and ask.
- All dogs are exercised outside several times a day and our kennel workers will provide the best care for your pet while you are away.
- When you drop off your pet for boarding, we ask you to fill out a boarding admission from that among other things gives us an emergency number in the event we have problems with your pet. This is
especially important if we are boarding sick or very old animals.
- We provide your pet with warm towels and blankets to use for bedding and to keep them comfortable. We discourage you from bringing accessory items as they are hard to keep up with. We have even
had a few pets that “destroy” their blankets and toys while here. Be sure that when you check in we are aware of anything that you bring, and please make sure that youpick up everything when you
Please call 918-266-4090 for pricing and availability.
Hopefully, this will help everyone understand our boarding policy.
If you have any further questions please call us, we'll be happy to give you further information.
We look forward to being your pet's home away from home!